College of Criminology
OUR ADVANTAGE, YOUR ASSURANCE!!
- Sixty one percent (61%) passing average in May 2007 Licensure Examination way above the 35 % national passing percentage. Only seven (7) of the 2007 graduates did not make it in the examination for a remarkable 75% passing average.
- Top 3 Performing Criminology School in the Philippines, Number 1 in Region of CALBARZON based on May 2005 Licensure Exam. Producer of Third Placer, Mr. Jonathan Recto, in the 2004 Licensure Examination.
- Quality Education at Affordable Cost Not only in terms of tuition fees but also in terms of total units for the whole programs (165 credited units or 179 units including defensive tactics) compared to others which have a total of 190 200 units. Thereby, giving students double savings in terms of money and time.
- Top Caliber Faculty Members All faculty members are registered practicing criminologists, once or still, connected with the PNP & NBI Crime Laboratory. They are not only trained but they are the trainors in their respective field.
- Passing the Licensure Examination (Board) Almost an ASSURANCE The only school in the entire Batangas which provides in house pre-board review at minimal cost conducted by competent reviewers, lead by the Chairman who personally prepares and guides the reviewees before and during the examination; and
- Free Review Fees to our Cum Laude
In School Year 2000 -2001, Lipa City Colleges, in consonance with its noble objective of providing quality education at affordable cost, opened an undergraduate degree in Criminology (BSCRIM) with more or less sixty (6) students. In span of three (3) years from the time of its pioneering graduates, the College has produced a third placer (3rd) in the licensure examinations and was recognized as the number three (3) top performing school in May 2005 licensure examination. Today, it has more than three hundred (300) enrollees from different towns and cities of Batangas, Quezon and Mindoro provinces.
The major reflects the integration of the study of criminal behavior, forensic criminalistics, criminal jurisprudence, and their application toward the criminal justice system. In this sense the curriculum brings together the theory and research of traditional academic studies with the practitioner orientation of more applied disciplines. The curriculum consists of 179 units/hours divided into eight (8) semesters duly approved and accredited by the Commission of Higher Education (CHED). Course focuses on such topics as criminal jurisprudence, criminal sociology, crime detection and investigation, drug education and vice control, law enforcement administration, correctional administration, industrial security management, probation, and juvenile delinquency.
The program is made up of four full-time faculty as well as a number of part time instructors. All of the part time faculty are practitioners from various segments of the criminal justice system and bring an applied focus to the program. The full-time faculty have expertise in a variety of specializations within Criminology, and are actively involved in research in the discipline. Most of the faculty are nationally recognized experts in their specialty areas.
Students within the Criminology program are exposed to On the Job Training program with specialization on the different facets of policing and law enforcement at the Philippine National Police Office, Lipa City and nearby towns stations, and in criminalistics at the National Bureau of Investigation, Manila.
Lipa City Colleges offer Bachelor of Science in Criminology. It is envisioned to actively and continually turn out graduates who will play an active role in addressing the nations vital problems on crime prevention and control and meeting the demands for global competitiveness. Its mission is to provide the community with professionally competent and morally upright graduates who can deliver efficient and effective services in the field of forensic criminalistics, law enforcement, security management , correction and other Criminology allied professions. Its objectives are to:
- provide opportunity, instruction and guided experience by which the students learn the basic knowledge and acquire the skills essential to the practice of Criminology;
- provide the students with a broad cultural background and understanding of constitutional guarantees and due process requirements of law, in so far as they affect the total administration of justice;
- foster high concepts of citizenry, accountability, leadership and understanding of ones moral and legal responsibility to his fellowmen, his community and his country;
- inspire and instill in the students the valuable service to humanity; and
- encourage research and inquiry along the field of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
Career Opportunities for Criminology Graduates
- Law Enforcement Officers/Intelligence Officers/ Investigators
- Philippine National Police
- Bureau of Customs Custom Intelligence and Investigation Service
- National Bureau of Investigation
- Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency
- Department of Finance Anti Money Laundering & Lifestyle Check
- National Police Commissions
- Bureau of Fire Protection
- Other Government Branches with Intelligence & Investigative units
- Officers of the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Philippine Army
- Philippine Navy
- Philippine Marines
- Philippine Air Force
- Forensic Specialists/Experts
- National Bureau of Investigation
- Philippine National Police Crime Laboratory
- Correctional s/Probation Officer:
- Bureau of Corrections (Department of Justice)
- Bureau of Jail Management & Penology ( DILG)
- Security and Multi-national Companies
- Security Managers
- Security Consultants
- House Officer and Detectives
- Security Investigators