The earnest and noble desire of the late educators, Ricardo and Marcella Bonilla, was realized when the Lipa Business Institute was founded in July 1947. Its humble origin began with classes held in rented buildings along B. Morada Avenue, Lipa City. With an enrolment initially consisting of 65 students enrolled in a Secondary Course, what would later on become the Lipa City Colleges thus began.
As the population grew bigger on School Year 1948-1949, the administrators decided to acquire a bigger building not far from its former site. This paved the way for the complete Secondary Course and Collegiate Courses such as Liberal Arts, Junior Normal Education, Commerce and One-Year Secretarial Course.
Not to rest on his achievement and ever fueled by hardwork and dedication, Mr. Bonilla obtained a more spacious location at G.A. Solis St., Lipa City, where the school is now pre-sently housed. Hand-in-hand with its new edifice and the burning desire to be the first institution in the city to offer three levels of education – elementary, secondary, and tertiary, the name of the school was changed to Lipa City Colleges on its third year of operation at its new site, after which, successes were reaped continuously in the form of increasing population and improving image in the community as a provider of quality education.
The cause to serve the people in the City of Lipa and adjacent towns continued in the succeeding years, prompting the administrators to put up adjacent five-storey and four-storey buildings to house the needed facilities and serve as home to its growing workforce and clientele. The College of Law was opened and a provincial radio station was installed to tap the talent of students with interest in the field of Broadcast Communication.
Today, Lipa City Colleges is entering into a new phase in its history. Replacing the late Mr. Carlos R. Mojares who has made an indelible marks in the institution’s progress, the wife Ms. Glecy B. Mojares is now taking the challenge as the new president with the able assistance of her daughters Ms. Marjorie M. Abiera and Ms. Beverly M. Mendoza, as Vice-Presidents for Finance and Internal Affairs and External Affairs, respectively, and sons-in-law, Dr. Joe Vincent Abiera and Mr. Patrick Mendoza, as Vice-Presidents for Administration and Corporate Affairs and General Services, respectively.
For more than 60 years, the institution has continued to turn its vision and mission into reality, being one of the leading institutions in the region, producing responsible and competent individuals who have started their journey toward a milestone achievement.
Today, Lipa City Colleges is composed of the following departments - College of Business Education and Accountancy, College of Computer Studies, College of Criminology, College of Education and Liberal Arts, College of Computer Engineering, College of Hospitality Management, College of Nursing, High School Department, and the Graduate School.
The accredited status of the institution spawned a different milieu consisting of hardworking faculty and staff exhibiting dynamism and devotion with most of them having successfully obtained graduate and post graduate degrees.
In School Year 2009-2010, the institution was authorized to confer degree in Computer Engineering to serve the individuals who have an immense passion in this field of study which is vital in this age of complexity and modern technology. Part also of the incessant development to meet the demands of the changing times, the institution successfully completed its own swimming facilities. Continuous improvement of facilities and the acquisition of an additional lot where the Annex Building now stands are further testaments of the school’s commitment to be the best in the region. Said building houses Computer and Nursing Skills laboratories and the adjacent lots contain provisions for athletics. Add to this are the improved instruction, research, upgraded laboratory equipment and supplies, increased library collections, more varied and responsive student services, strengthened community involvement as well as the furthering of teacher’s qualification and excellence via further studies and trainings. What we now have is Lipa City Colleges at its best and still on its way to outdoing itself by continuously living up to its vision of being a premier provider of higher education.
Lipa City Colleges is a dynamic provider of quality education. In the spirit of commitment, excellence and service, the institution forms responsible and competent individuals who participate meaningfully in social transformation.
Inspired by our vision, Lipa City Colleges will become a leading institution in the region recognized for the quality of its programs and services. With its corps of professionally qualified and committed personnel, up-to-date technology and functional facilities, the institution offers responsive and innovative programs that integrate theory and practice for the holistic development of men and women in the service of God and country.