SOCEP envisions itself as a service-oriented partner in the improvement and development of the community through coordinated activities and collaborative efforts of the different departments in the institution.
Driven by its vision, SOCEP shall initiate the concerted efforts of the different departments in the development of the various community programs / projects utilizing active participation of the community.
To actualize its vision and mission, SOCEP is anchored in the following objectives:
- to inculcate social awareness, concern, and involvement in community development;
- to instill commitment among members of the institution to take part in worthwhile endeavors; and
- to initiate, implement, and evaluate community development projects
As a multi-representational organization, SOCEP is bound to execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- conduct surveys about the adopted community and its needs;
- develop a strategic plan of action and activities to meet the needs of the community;
- make constant follow-ups of the services rendered to the community; and
- assess or evaluate the activities or services given to the community; and
- promote awareness among the administrators, faculty, staff, and students regarding the institutionís social orientation and community extension activities.